Thursday, July 10, 2008

_______ is listed as married

And so I was thinking about all of my supposed friends on facebook who have recently become engaged or married. Every fifteen minutes I log on, it seems I discover a new relationship status change or a photo album chock full of penis straws and slant-eyed celebration. I want to see some more status changes to single. Maybe a couple "added new photos" of "me, my cat, and our studio apartment". I realize it's wedding season, and this is expected. But De Beers must be having a sale, because it's out of hand. Or maybe I'm getting old. (by the South's standards)

Dude - stop digging up old photos from your wedding 2 years ago and adding one at a time. You KNOW I'm going to browse through that crap and look for an update - only to discover you've just rearranged the memories.

I mean, can you smell the scent of envy here? Aside from the fact that you've found your "one-and-only", who doesn't want to plan a lavish party dedicated to them? (meaning the couple) I'm no way near this. I'm focusing on making rent this month. I'd have to elope behind a Dunkin Doughnuts.

I'm going to take this a step further. And in fact, I don't think I ever want a ring. Say "I love you" with a pair of blood free diamond earrings and tie a kabbalah string around my thumb. Yeah, that sounds about right.

No comments: