Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mister Van Cleef

And so I was sitting, (quite hung) on the subway this morning. I clutched my liter of Poland Springs and glanced up at the woman opposite me. There it was. The clover leaf Mother of Pearl necklace I have been asking/begging/googling, in an effort to discover the designer. It went something like this:

Me
Lady with a small fortune around her neck

"Excuse me, who makes your jewelry?"
"Van Cleef"
*sigh of relief*
"It's just gorgeous, I've been trying to find out who makes it! It's expensive...isn't it."
*lowers head, raises brows*
"$5000" (points to necklace)
"$5000" (points to matching bracelet)
"$12,000" (points to matching watch)

"Well, it's very nice to look at. Seeing as that's the only thing I'll be doing with Van Cleef"

The woman was wearing a Volkswagon. She then told me she works in the store, and doesn't (in fact) own any of it. That made me feel a little better, but not much.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Caren said...

Tag! You're it! Read my blog and repost it on yours!