Tuesday, March 18, 2008

go with the flow

Women really got the short end of the stick when it comes to bodily functions. I mean let's consider menstruation. Dude, that's messed up. Essentially, it stresses out a woman for half a month - more or less. It's really a fear factor. Which in turn, leads to a stress factor. With my rationale on stress, women are technically entitled to 2 whole weeks of irritability and mood swings. Take full advantage of this, ladies.

At one point or another in our lives, we're afraid of our periods. Afraid it will come too early ("BUT I'M GOING ON VACAAAAAY"). Afraid it will come too late (*self-explanatory*). Afraid to get it (since when were 11 year-olds admitted into the "women" bracket?). Afraid to lose it ("my biological clock is tick-tick-ticking").

**Interject fantasy story of mythical man land, where bodily functions are reversed**

"Coach, I don't think I'll be able to practice today. I'm just really tired and a little nosh."
"That time of the month, huh son?"
"Yeah, these cramps are killing me and on top of that, Veronica didn't call me back last night. I'm just fed up with these games, man."
*starts sobbing uncontrollably in front of sympathetic male onlookers in locker room*

Yeah, I think those two weeks of menstruation dedication could be the source for many predicaments the fairer sex tends to find themselves in (i.e. drunk dialing, crying in public places, letting the "crazy" out too early in the relationship, etc).

It's really unfair, and I don't want to solve it. I just want to whine about it. ...Typical...

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Red font.....Poor decision