Friday, April 11, 2008

if you like men who like money

As I bee-bopped to Bloc Party on the pod this morning, I kept getting the strange feeling that I was seeing everything for the first time.

"But everything seemed different and completely new to me.
The sky, the trees, houses, buildings, even my own body.
And each person I encountered, I couldn't wait to meet."

Thank you Bright Eyes. You should read the words to that song if anything else.

So although this was unusual, it was an experience I've had before.. specificially on mornings after a "night on the town". (Note: if someone happens to find my self-respect and dignity, please let me know - as I seem to have lost them both last night) Let's revert back a dozen hours.

We started with 96 ounce Blue Moon "pitchers" (this word does a severe injustice to the actual container's size) at House of Brews in Hells Kitchen. A few beers, super-sampler platters of fried food, car bomb, something, something, something, fruity shot, let's go. Cabbed it down (up?) town to 230 5th. You know, the overcrowded rooftop bar where the only pre-requisite to get in is to work in finance. The thing about finance guys is that their powertrip button is always activated when in circles of their own kind. (as a friend of my pointed out) Sort of, Gladiator meets SAT Prep.

My friend Megs and I found her roommate and then made our way to the bar to purchase $15 drinks in fake plastic rocks glasses. After quite an arm-twisting, Megs ordered two lemon drops. Naturally, we were served Patron. Whatever.

The first set of financial d-bags told us what they did. I chuckled and stuck my strappy Tory Burch in my mouth. "Well not for Bear Stearns I hope! HA!" They meekly replied, "Well actually, we did. Until we got fired. But we have new jobs as of last week." Side-step escape. But they were everywhere. Like a live scene from CNBC.

My boyfriend and his friend finally returned from their trip to find food, and saved us. Needless to say, I'm taking it easy today - only giving my brain bits of information to process at a time. I'm really going to love that mani/pedi at 5...

No comments: