Monday, February 4, 2008

And the Oscar goes to...

I try not to talk a lot about political .. anything. It doesn't necessarily fit my personal description of "entertainment". However, the Democratic debate this past Thursday - held in LA's Kodak Theater - proved to be cinematically disturbing. This election is so monumental and at times, a bit much for "little ol me" (as someone so endearingly states) to digest. I'm personally sick and tired of being heckled on the street corners by the copious amount of Obama/Clinton advocates. That's another story. As I was saying about the theatrical debate...

You might compare the interaction between Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton to that of a flirtatious encounter between the team captains of opposing high school debate teams. Toothy smiles and stolen glances were exchanged. At one point, Obama bent down to whisper niceities in Hill's ear. What is going on here?! Forgive me for my lack of appreciation for their compassion. But this is the gladiator arena. Save the fake-as-wedding-cake B.S. for post competition - or not at all. I didn't see Coach Tom Coughlin blowing kisses to Bill Belichick across the field (GO GIANTS) on Sunday night. I mean come on people. Give me a little American Dream here.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Democrat in the White House - don't get me wrong. But this display of competition is weak. On the other side, the Republicans were much more tooth & nail at Wednesday night's debate. Let it be known that nothing scares me more than the thought of Masshole Mitt Romney becoming president. (who - let me note - has withdrawn millions from his personal bank account - thus greatly outspending his rivals) Sighs.

At this point, I've become quite fond of Mrs. Clinton - who said of the Republican candidates: "They are more of the same. Neither of us, by looking at us, is more of the same - we will change our country". That is music to my ears.

Photobucket

No comments: