Monday, February 25, 2008

Zzzzzzzzz

This weekend was a blurry smudge. I worked all day Friday on a presentation for our client in LA and it ended up getting moved to later this week. Naturally, it was drizzly/snowy out when I escaped the office at 5:45p. I made it to LIC, showered, made myself presentable, and ran downstairs to the car service (thank you, Z) - only 15 minutes behind. Traffic was tragic but I finally made it to the West side and into the small, 20-something-table restaurant that is Po'. Joining Z, his Aunt & Uncle, college friend & cf's girlfriend, we sipped bottles of Pinot Noir and talked about - relationships mostly...I'm just remembering that. Doppio espresso - coat check - farewell and many thanks to A&U - back to Z's apartment.

He has a fabulous hookah with blackberry tabacco. CF made us vodka tonics and we aptly decided Patron shots might start our evening off right. We ventured down the four flights and poured ourselves into the first cab that took us to one of my favorite lounge/clubs - Room Service. I love it for its drumming house music and fabulous VIP areas with enveloping curtains and the hotel-like amenities of a snack drawer, mini bar, and chocolate covered strawberries. DJ AM was performing, and that's really why we were there. Tiny bottles of UpShot (energy drink) overflowed from decorative bowls along the bar, and we took a few for fun. Something, something, something - and the night closed its arms around us.

Z and I maintened a lazy Saturday and I had my hair chopped off on Sunday. I love my new bangs and blond(er) locks! We went to the Rangers game last night, followed by the Oscars (thank God for DVR) and I was invited to see Eric Clapton perform at the Garden tonight. But to be honest with you, I'm just too tired.

No comments: