Wednesday, June 25, 2008

if you feel like being emotional...like i do today. beautiful.

Please confirm how you know each other.

"My ex-fiance recently joined Facebook. I like to believe that he and I are friendly - the pain of break-up long since passed and the who did what to whom no longer an issue. We’ve moved on and we were always good at the friend bit. Besides it’s not difficult to remember someone fondly when they live 9000 miles away.

Honestly, I have no idea how he feels. We both periodically send these “how’s your life that I was almost a larger part of” emails. I’m under the impression that we both send these more out of genuine appreciation of our shared past than a desire to make sure that the other person isn’t happier than the other. I know I hope that he’s happy. Afterall, he was the great love of my life at one time but ours wasn’t something that was sustainable.

Anyway, I opened my gmail today to see that we are now Facebook friends and that he had entered details on how we know each other.

This I had to see.

I mean Facebook doesn’t really have a “we dated for six years, she broke up me, and then six months later we poorly decided to get back together and then I rushed to propose to her, she stupidly accepted, then we spent months pretending this could actually work and then three weeks before the big day she overheard me on the phone telling me mother that I didn’t think I could go through with it” box.

Instead, it appeared Greg went with the next best thing…Please confirm the following details - “You went to college with Greg.”

I certainly did."


*I unfortunately did not write this post - just thought it was worthy of reposting - see link below*

http://perpetualstateofflux.tumblr.com/post/38786198/please-confirm-how-you-know-each-other

1 comment:

Caren said...

Is the tumblr account yours? fabulous post, had no idea you were engaged tho. wow.