Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Annnnnd we're off

O-eight is here and my New Year's resolution is to start eating eggs and find a man. Claudia (my roomie) and I spent 1/1 sleeping in with the most accomodating overcast weather outside. We made it as far as the LIC diner to drink black coffee and tall OJ with granola/yogurt and - of course - egg white omlettes. I miss my grits, but I feel much healthier with this breakfast spread.

I missed my flight back to SC - it was the shuttle bus' fault, not my own. After being put on a connecting flight to Charlottesville (I'm still not even sure what state that is), I made it to Charlotte much later than anticipated. My entire family met up in Charleston at my Mema's house on Christmas Day. Mom threw an amazing dinner party the next night with Grand Marnier/Champagne punch and we all sang Karaoke until we decided to meet up with Mikail and Callie in Aiken. The Holly House. My friend from high school, Colin went with us. The next few days were a blur of hibernation, Planet Earth (my Dad's Christmas gift and one of my favorites), and Christmas leftovers.

My flight home was an all-day affair. Awake at 7 - pack - Madelaine drove me to Charlotte (2 hours) and my flight was delayed an hour. Wait wait wait. Finally on board - cat naps - landed - dragged huge luggage to the shuttle bus from the airport to the subway. At that point, our shuttle bus got hit by a car - and the car "ran". UGHHHH. We waited on another bus to arrive (way overcrowded) and we get to the subway. 7 train is having repairs on the Manhattan-bound side. It took me 3 hours to get home - at which point I made myself a vodka/Dr. Pepper (all I could find in the apt) and sat on my roofeck, staring at the skyline. Fast asleep at 8:30PM.

New Years Eve was spent at Lotus. My friend Val was throwing 12 NYE parties around the city - and he was beyond stressed. He gave Claudia and I tickets to the Lotus and Maritime Hotel parties. Wild wild wild.

The holidays are hectic - I'm sort of glad to be back in the swing of things...I miss my family though - xo

No comments: