Tuesday, January 22, 2008

a few things you might not care to know about me

  • i've been bitten by a squirrel - twice.
  • my two sisters and i were home-schooled from 1st-8th grade
  • growing up, my mom read us charles dickens novels
  • i took piano lessons for 8 years and i'm not sure if i remember how to play
  • i have a permanent piece of pencil lead stuck in my left knee
  • my kindergarten teacher told me to stop reading the words ahead of the class and guess the pictures
  • did i mention i was home-schooled most of my life?
  • i sang at my grandfather's funeral
  • one of my ultimate goals is to be on the cover of ad age
  • i failed psychology 101, my freshman year at USC
  • i started going to class 2nd semester freshman year at USC
  • when i was a child, i made up bedtime stories for my little sisters - i creatively called it "storytime"
  • for some reason - my stories were always about poor people
  • watching hot air balloons from my bedroom window in Boise, Idaho was my favorite
  • ask me sometime about a really great oxymoron poem i've memorized
  • my hometown in South Carolina = population 3,000
  • we live next door to the mayor
  • one time he caught us throwing a party while my parents were out of town
  • and he didn't tell
  • and that's the truth.

3 comments:

joe stanton said...

Tommy Rivers!

Karen said...

YOU ARE SO BUSTED!!!! moM

Madelaine said...

I can't remember for the life of me what that stupid poem is, even though I know exactly what you're talking about. However if you are interested in remembering yet another one of the many poem's that papa dao taught us, here ya go!

"Up a short ladder and down a long rope. To hell with king Billy and down with the Pope. If that doesn't do, we'll tare 'em in two, and send 'em to hell with their red, white and blue!"

:)