Monday, January 7, 2008

good news for people who love bad news

all that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.
-- j.r.r. tolkien

Sometimes I feel like I'm on an extended vaca in NY. Oh I'll be going back eventually. No. When people up here ask me (and almost everyday someone does) "do you like it here" and "will you ever go back"? I tell them in the most exasperated tone that I simply love it and that the only other places I would consider moving beyond New York would be San Fran, San Diego, or Europe. Everyday is such a plethora of experiences and explosion of sensory pleasures, that anything less would surely result in death by boredom.

My roommate, Gabor had his family (father, mother, brother, brother's girlfriend) visiting NY these past couple weeks for the holidays. They're from Hungary. Well, Camilla the girlfriend is from Poland. His mom doesn't speak English. So that was interesting enough to have to have everything translated. His brother and his brother's gf don't know eachother's first language so they oddly enough speak their second language (English) to eachother only. It was Camilla's first time in the States. She really liked it. As we were sitting in our living room watching MTV's super stupid "Super Sweet Sixteen" - Camilla tells me these shows are blasted across Europe and that she (along with everyone else) is under the impression that THIS is what American teens are like. She was completely surprised when she actually got here and found out that wasn't the case. She asked me if I had a Sweet 16 party like the ones on this show. I laughed out loud and told her no. I was in shock. No wonder so many people despise us. We are the superpower here and hold an immense responsibility in this world. Why is everyone so disillusioned? Sad to say, the media is responsible for the majority of this misrepresentation.

But you have to ask yourself...how far off is the media from the truth? We have deserted our once industrial society and traded it for a consuming one. A society dependent on services. It's all about us. What can you do to make my life more comfortable, flamboyant, sexy, fun? Work ethic out the window - let's depend on our rich Daddy's who work in the Pharma companies to throw us parties worthy of MTV. But oh, there's no real-life reward in that - is there, little girl? Depressed much? Good thing your Daddy is working hard to pump out a multitude of shiny new pills each year. I saw the saddest thing on TV a few days ago.

More drugs for people on drugs. That's right. NatureMade has come out with a new line of products called RX Essentials. Their product line ranges in everything from Arthritis, to Heartburn, to - that's right - depression. It's simple really - some of those perscription drugs you're on right now, remove natural vitamins and nutrients from your body. WHAT?!
Therefore...you need this:

http://www.naturemade.com/ProductDatabase/prd_prod.asp?tab=Products&section=2&productid=200

Ahhhk what's with all my venting lately?

I've become sublimely aware.

No comments: